building guile problem (configure: possibly undefined macro)

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: building guile problem (configure: possibly undefined macro)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:19:27 +0900

Hello Guilers,

My first post on this list, so please go easy.

I am trying to build guile from repository on ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I cloned git
repo
and checked out stable branch.

tried to run "autgen.sh"

First, problem automake version.

It seems to build guile I need to have automake 1.12 atleast.

╭─────
│okhotsk19:~/repos/scm/guile$ /usr/bin/automake --version
│automake (GNU automake) 1.11.3
│Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
│License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
│This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
│There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
│
│Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
│       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.
╰─────

I feel that dependency is somewhat harsh given that ubuntu 12.04 is the latest
LTS.

Any way I compiled automake from source,

╭─────
│okhotsk19:~/repos/scm/guile$ automake --version
│automake (GNU automake) 1.12.4
│Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
│License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
│This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
│There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
│
│Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
│       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.
╰─────

Now, I run autogen.sh gives errors. here is shell log.

okhotsk19:~/repos/scm/guile$ ./autogen.sh

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

automake (GNU automake) 1.12.4
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.

libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <address@hidden>, 1996

m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.16
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by Rene' Seindal.

flex 2.5.35

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
configure.ac:881: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /home/yagnesh/local/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:61: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:80: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
configure.ac:81: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:908: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
autoreconf: /home/yagnesh/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Thanks.
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR