Re: Guile 100 #6: CGI and MySQL

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Guile 100 #6: CGI and MySQL
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 11:10:08 +0800

On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 10:17 -0700, Mike Gran wrote:
> Challenge #6 in the Guile 100 Programs Project is to write a Guile
> CGI script that accesses a MySQL-family database.   It is the second
> challenge in this month's theme, which is "Web 1.0 --
> Web 1990s style".

Since we have mysql in guile-dbi, how about a maria-db binding?

> Problem: http://www.lonelycactus.com/guile100/html/Problem-6.html
>
> The Guile 100 Programs Project is an attempt to collaboratively
> generate a set of examples of how to use the GNU Guile implementation
> of Scheme.
>
> There is a 100 USD bounty for writing a readable solution to problems.
>
> Also, I'm changing up the rules.  I had made it pretty complicated
> to contribute, I suppose, because I don't really want to create
> competition for fear of alienating anyone.  But, the barrier to entry
> was too high, perhaps?  So anyone can fork the repo and tell me to
> pull it or just send me a solution by e-mail at
> guile100 [at] lonelycactus.com
>
> Three other problems remain incomplete, so feel free to try your
> hand at one of them as well.
>
>     - Challenge #5: PHP-style Guile
>     - Challenge #4: TAR File Archives
>     - Challenge #3: LZW Compression

I wish some guys could take up these interesting work, and these work
will definite be used in Artanis. If there're really no guys want to
try, I'll do it for myself.
Anyway, it's a challenge and practice for guilers, don't miss it. ;-)