Re: SLAYER announcement and help request for preparing a GNU package

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: SLAYER announcement and help request for preparing a GNU package
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 20:48:17 +0200

() Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden>
() Sun, 5 May 2013 08:59:18 +0200

   I think that the simplicity could convince some people to employ
   slayer to their multimedia projects -- because it requires no
   additional setup and works out of the box, so for instance it could
   be quite easily employed to implement the picture language from SICP

Probably the valuation of simplicity depends largely on point of view.

As the author, for you it is simple and transparent.

For the newcomer, it is opaque, and its simplicity is to be determined.

As Guile-SDL maintainer, i wonder what i can do to attract the same
audience, whether or not it is worth expending the energy to do so, in
what ways have i failed to encourage organic additive (as opposed to
parallel) hacking, and how wonderful/terrible it is for GNU to be so
loosely coupled.

Anyway, should you wish to rebase SLAYER onto Guile-SDL (which has
surmounted the documentation, autotools, and certain libguile churn
issues), i, too, am happy to help out.  (Maybe we can work together.)

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
GPG key: 4C807502