Re: SLAYER announcement and help request for preparing a GNU package

From: Javier Sancho
Subject: Re: SLAYER announcement and help request for preparing a GNU package
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:06:45 +0200

Congratulations!!

I've been working a little on something similar during the last four
years, but I am looking for a kind of fluxus
(http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/) for games. You can see my code at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gacela

First versions were developed with GNU Common Lisp and C bindings for
OpenGL and SDL but last year I discovered GNU Guile and Dynamic FFI.
Actually, Gacela is a Guile module which uses Figl
(http://gitorious.org/guile-figl); I am removing dependencies with
SDL.

But most of my efforts are spent on my eternal search betwwen
simplicity, reusable code, proper functional style, i.e., a lot of
programming design and procrastination. I'm trying to mix FRP
techniques, entity systems, fluxus, yampas and more ideas in a maybe
useless library but a very funny project for me.

I tryed to port Gacela to the web too, and I developed an uncompleted
Lisp-Javascript translator that uses canvas and SVG for displaying
graphics. Very funny and instructive, too.

In summary, a lot of work but few results. But I've had fun and learned a lot.

--
Javier Sancho Fernández - http://www.jsancho.org/
Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation - http://www.fsf.org/