Re: Guile Game Library

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile Game Library
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:59:34 +0200

() David Thompson <address@hidden>
() Wed, 29 May 2013 06:52:29 -0400

   Sure, the first problem that prevented me from building was that
   guile-sdl depends on something called "snuggle" that there isn't
   much information about.

It sounds like you were trying to bootstrap from a repo checkout.
Did you try a released (versioned) tarball?

   Someone on #guile then said that guile-sdl was pretty unstable so I
   lost interest in building.  I can try again. :)

Who knows, maybe since you last tried things have improved.

   SDL alone doesn't meet my requirements since all of SDL's handy
   drawing functions use a software renderer.

   Figl has a GLUT binding that will take care of windowing and
   keyboard/mouse input, further minimizing the usefulness of SDL.

Well, if your requirements drift into Guile-SDL's domain and you run
into specific problems w/ a released tarball, i'd appreciate hearing
about them.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
GPG key: 4C807502