Re: Guile XCB

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile XCB
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:50:41 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden skribis:

> I'm pleased to announce that Guile XCB is, at last, a real thing! I had
> to take a couple months off of working on it, but finally had time
> recently to go back and get it in pretty good shape.
>
> You can find it at https://github.com/mwitmer/guile-xcb.

Excellent!

It seems there’s no tag on the repo.  What about tagging this version,
and perhaps posting a tarball as produced by ‘make dist’?

> I also had an interesting time coming up with the necessary autotools
> magic

It seems that the Makefile.am lacks the magic trick to make sure that
the installed .go files are more recent than the installed .scm files
(to avoid triggering auto-compilation):

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2010-07/msg00125.html

>   Guile XCB requires the latest release of Guile (2.0.9).

Out of curiosity, what 2.0.9-specific thing does it rely on?

Happy hacking!

Ludo’.