Re: guile 2.0.9 build on mingw

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: guile 2.0.9 build on mingw
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:56:56 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:45:34 +0200
>
> > Btw, is there documentation anywhere about how to use the GDB
> > interface functions in Guile?  I sometimes need to display Scheme
> > values while debugging, and I see there are functions for that, but I
> > found no description of how they are supposed to be used.  What am I
> > missing?
>
> There’s a gdbinit file in Guile that you can load to get a few helper
> functions.

At first I wanted to say I was blind not seeing it, but then I
realized that this file is not in the tarball, only in the
repository.  So I never found it before.

May I suggest to make it part of the release tarball?

Also, as none of the commands defined on gdbinit are documented in any
shape or form, could you perhaps say a few words about the purpose and
the intended usage of each one of them?  E.g., when to use 'pp' and
when to use 'gdisplay' or 'gwrite' or 'sputs'?  And what are 'pslot'
and 'gslot' good for?