[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

possible configure bug

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: possible configure bug
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:10:38 +1200
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.3 (gnu/linux)

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but it's inconsistent behaviour.  I
ran (in the guile-2.0.9 directory)

 $ ./configure -C

and got an error about a missing dependency, which I installed, and then
and re-ran "./configure -C", which detected the newly installed
dependency and reported a *different* missing dependency.  I repeated
this a few times until it got to unistring, which it did not detect
after I installed it until I re-ran ./configure *without* -C.

I realise -C means "cache", but since the configure script detected the
other libraries when re-run with caching on, not detecting unistring is
an inconsistent behaviour, and I don't know much about autoconf (I've
only used straight make for my projects), so I don't know whether this
is a bug or merely unexpected behaviour.

I also realise that this is of ridiculously low importance compared to
what else the Guile devs are working on, so I'm marking this bug as

Aidan Gauland

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]