Re: Guile-SSH 0.3.1 released

From: Artyom Poptsov
Subject: Re: Guile-SSH 0.3.1 released
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 00:11:46 +0400

Hi Ludovic,

> Artyom Poptsov <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I'm working on a library called Guile-SSH.  The goal is to provide API
>> for Guile programs for working with SSH protocol.
>>
>> Guile-SSH is a wrapper to the underlying libssh [1] library, and
>> currently it provides only SSH client API.  The sources are available
>> under terms of GNU GPLv3 on GitHub:
>>   https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/libguile-ssh
>
> This looks great!

Thank you.

> It seems you?ve been testing with Guile 1.8, right?  I think the code
> should work with few or no modifications with 2.0?and I would recommend
> targeting that series.

You're right.  Guile-SSH is developed with Guile 1.8 API in mind.  The
main reason is that GNU Guile 2.0 is not available out-of-box in some
distributions at the moment -- examples are Gentoo GNU/Linux (where 2.0
is still masked by default) and Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (where you can
find only 1.6 and 1.8 in the default repository).  But I agree that it
is generally a good idea to make the library work with the new stable
release of GNU Guile.  I'll do it.

- Artyom

--
Artyom Poptsov