Re: guile-figl - Problems with master

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: guile-figl - Problems with master
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:17:08 +0800

On 22 July 2013 09:57, David Thompson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I checked out the latest commits in guile-figl's master branch and ran into
> a few issues:
>
> 1) Syntax error in the texinfo docs in `doc/low-level-gl.texi` on line
> 19188.
> Introduced in commit c7b3127.

This error:
@table @asis
@item @strong{
Primitive Type of Polygon @address@hidden
@strong{Vertex}

has been there since very early on.  I am looking in to it, the
generated table does not match the upstream doc.

> 2) Typo in `with-gl-push-matrix`. `%glPushmatrix` should be `%glPushMatrix`.
> Introduced in commit a53c951.

My mistake, I should at least have tested it.  Fixed.

> 3) The `pixel-format` enumeration is no longer correct. It only has one
> element, `red-ext`, when it should have `rgb`, `rgba`, and many others.
> Introduced in commit c7b3127.

The sources we are using to generate those have been deprecated
upstream, though I dont see any changes that would cause this.

The generator needs to be rewritten to use the xml registry, which
should then fix this problem (the xml files appear ok for this
enumeration).

> Issues 1 and 3 appear to be bugs in the code that generate bindings from the
> upstream documentation.
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> - Dave

Thank you for reporting.