Re: Guile-Emacs update

From: BT Templeton
Subject: Re: Guile-Emacs update
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:50:04 -0400

Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the update! This is very exciting.
>
> I looked at the emacswiki page you linked. It links to a page called
> GuileEmacsTodo, but that doesn't seem to be your current to-do list (it was
> edited too long ago). Could you say what differences a user would notice
> between Guile Emacs and regular Emacs (if any)? Are there any things that
> don't work, or any performance regressions?

Yes, it is a bit out-of-date; as Taylan suggested,
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/bpt/35002>
is a better overview if you're interested in what's coming next.

For end-users, there should be no significant differences between
Guile-Emacs and regular Emacs at this time, and any incompatibility with
existing Emacs packages is a bug. It's likely that there will be slight
performance regressions for a while, in the course of switching to the
Guile VM, but nothing too major; I do have to use it myself on a
relatively old laptop, after all. (-:

--
Inteligenta persono lernas la lingvon Esperanton rapide kaj facile.
Esperanto estas moderna, kultura lingvo por la mondo. Simpla, fleksebla,