Re: guile-gnome and guile 2

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: guile-gnome and guile 2
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:57:31 -0300

>> Is there a release of guile-gnome which works with guile 2?
>
> Yes, here a the link to the latest tarball:
>

> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/guile-gnome-platform/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2.tar.gz
>
> Obviously, there a re dependencies
>
>       http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/dev/
>
> Personally, I'd rather build from a git clone, because there has been [some
> not
> fundamental but still...] changes since [the latest tarball release].

Thank you, David.

I tried compiling it, but without luck, so I was unsure.

First, I had to do a minor fix to the configure script of g-wrap so the
warnings about deprecation would not halt the compilation.

Second, with the guile-gnome tarball you referenced, it errors
complaining that only `glib.h' can be included directly, so the
compilation stops.