Memory use analysis

From: mark
Subject: Memory use analysis
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:23:08 -0400

I'm facing an issue with ballooning memory usage in a progam I'm writing
and having a difficult time tracking down the root cause. The stack
stays small but it uses more and more heap space until the system runs
out of memory.

Is there some kind of tool or method for getting Guile to enumerate what
objects in the heap are considered "live" by the GC? I guess the
conservative GC Guile uses doesn't explicitly keep track of every
object, but I wouldn't mind just being able to see what stuff in the
heap it *thinks* it needs to keep, and then query what kind of SCM
objects they represent.

Thanks

--
Mark Witmer