Re: Define in let

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: Define in let
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:32:58 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:17:43PM +0200, Panicz Maciej Godek wrote:
> You're right, but it only works if you want to export only one symbol
> from a lexical scope. If you wanted a few procedures accessing
> a single scope, you'd either need to use the solution with 'set!',
> or -- as Taylan suggested -- have a "define-values" form.

Yes, but was that the OP's question?

> Actually, I think should also be possible to write a "define-values"
> macro using the method I presented
[... snip ...]
> but somehow we need to generate identifiers for symbol1 symbol2 ...
> (here I wrote symbolically value1 value2 ..., but I'd appreciate if someone
> more competent could provide a syntax-rules-based solution)

Maybe it's time to point out that this question is in the Scheme-FAQ ;-)
[http://community.schemewiki.org/?scheme-faq-language] - Section
"Is there a way to define top-level closures?" (sorry, bad webdesign,
no wa to link directlyto the topic). The answer not only mentions
'define-values but also links to an implementation:
[http://community.schemewiki.org/?scheme-faq-macros#multidefine]
that uses 'syntax-rules

HTH RalfD