Re: Problem with wide characters on upgrading to guile 2.x

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Problem with wide characters on upgrading to guile 2.x
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:10:55 +0100

I have been doing some experiments with the guile interpreter

 guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.5-deb+1-3

and it seems to understand the wide characters, using the unicode e176
character with the string "hello" attached I get this:

scheme@(guile-user)> (string-append "  " "hello")
$1 = "  \ue176hello"
scheme@(guile-user)> (display  "  ")
  scheme@(guile-user)> (display  (string-append "  " "hello"))
  helloscheme@(guile-user)>
I notice that I do not have LC_ALL set in my environment.

>From inside Denemo scm_c_eval_string() is being used to evaluate a
string that includes this wide character and that is throwing the
exception.

Richard