Re: guile-2.0 on mingw: the sequel

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 on mingw: the sequel
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:10:09 +0300

> From: Mark H Weaver <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 01:56:19 -0400
>
> Okay, again: How exactly do you suggest we determine the location of the
> libguile installation from an arbitrary executable that links to it?

Like this:

  Step 1: provide an API for the executable to tell that; failing that
  Step 2: look in ../share relative to the executable's argv[0]; finally
  Step 3: fall back on the default recorded at build time

Step 2 will have a Windows wrinkle, whereby we can look in ..share
relative to where Guile's shared library lives.