Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with wide characters on upgrading to guile 2.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with wide characters on upgrading to guile 2.x
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 09:02:00 +0100

On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 19:53 +0200, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
[...]
>    pt_BR.utf8 is not a supported locale on your system.

yes, that is why I chose it, so as to trigger the error. It is graceful
handling of this error that I was after - it should default to
untranslated, not abort the program.

> Could the spelling be part of the problem?

I strongly suspect this stuff is case-insensitive.

The problem surely lies in one of the calls in the line

 scm_setlocale( scm_variable_ref(scm_c_lookup("LC_ALL")),
scm_from_locale_string("") );

I'll dig down into that when I understand it better.

Thank you for the response,

Richard Shann