Re: Guile-Emacs update

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile-Emacs update
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:29:10 +0200

On Thu 01 Aug 2013 00:17, address@hidden (Taylan Ulrich B.) writes:

> the "dumping" feature of Emacs is disabled

Eventually Guile will support linking together multiple separately
compiled files into one ELF image.  (The object file format in the
development Guile branch is ELF -- we have our own linker and loader, so
we currently plan on using this format even on non-ELF platforms.)  That
should mostly provide the speedy loading that the dumping facility gives
to Emacs.  Loading a file would look for the appropriate entry point in
the image and load that.  There is still some runtime relocation and
initialization that needs to happen, but it should be possible to get
most of the advantages of the "dump" phase.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/