Re: is (web client) ready for use even for the simplest task?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: is (web client) ready for use even for the simplest task?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:46:24 +0800

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 05:19 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> Darren Hoo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (use-modules (web client))
> >
> > (http-post "http://www.google.com/";)
> >
> > the POST request is sent without the Content-Length header
>
> RFC 2616 makes it clear that the Content-Length header is optional.

I have to mention that Firefox seems not happy if the header not contain
Content-Length. When I tested Artanis redirect function under FF, it's
just halt anyway, but chrome is OK. And I fixed the issue by adding this
to response:

That is so-called ridiculous.

But RFC 2616 wrote:
body is not defined by this specification, but might be defined by
   future extensions to HTTP. Content negotiation MAY be used to select
   the appropriate response format. If no response body is included, the
   response MUST include a Content-Length field with a field-value of
   "0".