Re: Doctest for guile

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: Doctest for guile
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:45:38 +0100

Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
> I am glad to offer implementation of doctest in Guile --- way to declare
> and check tests in function docstring. In most simple way, if in
> docstring you write following:
>
>     +++ (foo 1 2 3)
>     --- 6

I have to admit, I really don't like these sorts of modules. Automatic
checking of an example in a docstring is fine, but putting all the tests
in a docstring makes the docstring too big to be useful, and you lose
any compile warning time warnings guile can give you on the code.

Just my 2ยข, but glad it works for you.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"