Re: Doctest for guile

From: Dmitry Bogatov
Subject: Re: Doctest for guile
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:45:09 +0400

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>> I it will be found useful enough, I will gladly work on patch to integrate
>> doctest in Guile guild script.
>
> I was going to write exactly this!  "guild doctest '(foo)'" sounds
> sensible to me.
>
> Note also that the compiler will residualize other properties in
> addition to docstrings.  They are taken from pairs in a static vector in
> head position.  Hacky, right?
>
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (define (foo) #((foo . bar) (baz . qux)) 1)
>     scheme@(guile-user)> (procedure-properties foo)
>     $3 = ((arity 0 0 #f) (name . foo) (foo . bar) (baz . qux))
It is intresting, but just now I see no use for it. In face, it seems my
Guile saves less information about function, that your:
        $2 = ((name . foo) (foo . bar) (baz . qux))
As you can see, I am missing arity. Is it git patch?

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden>,
Free Software supporter and netiquette guardian.