Re: are double cells safe to use?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: are double cells safe to use?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:22:15 +0100

Hi,

Roland Orre <address@hidden> skribis:

> Sorry, double cells are even encouraged to use according the manual under
> "Allocating cells"  (I had missed that)
> and no specific cares as long as they contain only SCM.

Well, that part of the manual is slightly deprecated.  ;-)

I’d recommend using an appropriate data type instead.  If the code you
write is in Scheme, you’d better use records (info "(guile) Record
Overview").

If the code is in C, you’d better use ‘scm_gc_malloc’ and allocate as
much room as needed to hold your C struct.

HTH!

Ludo’.