Re: GNU Guile 2.0.10 released

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.0.10 released
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:04:29 +0100

Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden> skribis:

>> Could you edit libguile/Makefile.am (or libguile/Makefile.in, if
>> Automake isn't installed), and remove occurrences of mkstemp.c in there?
>>
>> Let us know if it solves the problem.
>
> I did remove the only reference to mkstemp.c that appeared in the
> Makefile.am, then run autoreconf and configure, but it turned out that
> there were still some dependencies on libguile_2.0_la-mkstemp.o in the
> generated libguile/Makefile. After removing those, I went through that
> part of compilation, but the process stalled on the GEN
> guile-procedures.texi.

OK.  How long did you wait?  That part can take a bit of time (I’d say
30s to 1mn maybe) because it runs the yet-to-be-compiled Guile.

> Furthermore, after pressing C-c, I had some "permission denied" error.
> (I don't know if that's the original, but after repeating the process
> with some modifications it didn't even get to the "GEN", but at the
> stage of CCLD libguile-2.0.la it produces:
> ..../mingw/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file
> .libs/libguile-2.0.22.dll: Permission denied)

It looks like a setup issue on the machine, no?

> BTW I had to run configure with
> ac_cv_func__set_invalid_parameter_handler=no
> because otherwise I had a "_set_invalid_parameter_handler could not be
> located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" error popup.

Hmm, do you know what that means?  This actually comes from Gnulib’s
‘msvc-inval’ module, so it would be great if you could provide a
detailed report at address@hidden

Thanks!

Ludo’.