Re: Potluck dish - Simple functional reactive programming

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Re: Potluck dish - Simple functional reactive programming
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:46:20 +0100

Hi,
it's been over a month, and I finally had an opportunity to take a
closer look at your signal library (and also the video demonstration
available at your blog). I have to say that I'm truly impressed with
the code and grateful for it, and I find it very inspiring.

However, if it comes to the names that you chose for various routines,
I find them quite puzzling. I mean signal-map, signal-filter and
signal-fold.

I understand that while map works on lists and has its stream
counterpart defined in SICP, your idea was that the "collection" that
signal-map iterates over is a temporal sequence of changes, or
consecutive states that a program takes during its execution, which
are represented by signals.

I wanted to say that this name is a little bit confusing and propose a
better one, but after giving it a thought I concluded that the names
are really excellent and the concept is brilliant, so thanks again :)

M.