Re: Description of `program-sources' and accessors

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Description of `program-sources' and accessors
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:27:48 +0200

On Sun 20 Apr 2014 20:09, "Diogo F. S. Ramos" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Is there a place which describes the meaning of each of element of
>>> `program-sources' accessors?
>>
> So, what does "sources" mean?  For what I can see, each one correspond
> to a line in a definition.  I can't also figure out what a `source:addr'
> is, but I'm guessing it's for the VM.

Sources are a way of mapping bytecode offset to source location.  The
addr indicates the byte count since the beginning of the function.
The list is sorted, so if you have adjacent S0 and S1 with addresses A0
and A1, the source information from S0 applies in the range [A0, A1).

> I'm using this interface to know where an object has been defined.

What does this mean?  (Have you seen the (system xref) facility?  It
doesn't do a good job with non-procedures, but perhaps we could change
that.)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/