Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:32:46 -0400

> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.

Thank you all for the kind words and warm welcome.  I believe that Guile
is a tremendously important project, not so much because of where it is
today, but because of its future potential and its special role in the
GNU project as a whole.  It's also a lot of fun to work on, not least of
all because of the talented and friendly community of hackers around it.

Although I had a few decades of experience before getting involved here,
I sincerely feel that I've learned a great deal from this community,
both technically and socially.  I'm grateful to Andy and Ludovic for
inviting me into this role of co-maintainer, a role for which both of
them are exceptionally well suited, whereas I still have much to learn.

Anyway, it's been a fun ride, and I think there are exciting times ahead
for Guile.  Thank you all for being a part of that :)

     Mark