Re: python on guile

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: python on guile
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:28:52 +0800

On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 23:33 +0200, Stefan Israelsson Tampe wrote:
> I would like to hijack the python2/3 community over to guile.

Oh~I could be your accomplice~ ;-P

>  A first step
> is a parser, it
> is ontop of guile-log so you might disslike it, but that can be changed
> later.

I've rewritten guile-lua with LALR based on Guile-2.2 backend, and
passed several tests. There're few ambiguous conflicts now, but the work
is still continuing:
https://github.com/NalaGinrut/guile-lua-rebirth/blob/master/language/lua/parser.scm

Frankly, I wish I can write it with PEG. The conflicts in LALR drove me
mad, PEG would be better, in principle.
But I didn't have the chance when I started guile-lua-rebirth. Now we
have it in master!
Anyway it doesn't matter, I'll use PEG for next language front-end,
maybe Ruby, or maybe fix Ecmascript with ES6...

> I do need to develop the guile-log parser framework further so it is
> logical to use it because of that. This means that currently none but me
> probably can use it atm but that will change. I'm very pleased  with how
> the functional parser framework works. Currently it is in hefty development
> and I can't parse much python code, but that will change soon.
>
> https://gitorious.org/python-on-guile

I confess I'm not a fan of Python, but I do appreciate that you can take
it up. Maybe we can share something in frontend, in close future. ;-)

Happy hacking!