Re: [ANN] a lot

From: Max
Subject: Re: [ANN] a lot
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:50:00 +0200

Excellent work.

The most interesting for me are process and record. Are there some code
examples?
For instance I'd like to execute binary at /tmp/mybin with environment variable
XX2=LOL - do I call it like:

      (execute-with-environment 'XX2=LOL' /tmp/mybin)?

That's a long running process so I'd like to be able to send signals to it -
will
this function return pid which I can use?
How do I store that into record alongside with LOL (value of variable I've set
earlier)?

(make-record myrec)
(record-append pid LOL)

The greatest possible improvement would be if every documentation entry would
include
code sample but it's tremendous amount of rather boring work so I would be
happy to
see any sort of examples.

thanks,
Max.