Re: Syntax object representation

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer
Subject: Re: Syntax object representation
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:29:16 +0200

Taylan Ulrich Bayirli/Kammer <address@hidden> writes:

>> It seems, than syntax->datum is no-op on non-syntax objects.
>> Can I rely on it?
>
> I think that's also an implementation detail of psyntax.  I wouldn't
> rely on it, but I'm not sure on this one.

Today it came to my attention that R6RS says in section 12.2 that a
syntax object may be "a nonpair, nonvector, nonsymbol value", which
counts as an "unwrapped" syntax object.  Note that they may not be
symbols.

http://www.r6rs.org/final/html/r6rs-lib/r6rs-lib-Z-H-13.html#node_sec_12.2

The definition of 'sytnax->datum' just says that it "strips all
syntactic information from a syntax object" so I guess it really is a
no-op on objects that are not pairs, vectors, or symbols.

http://www.r6rs.org/final/html/r6rs-lib/r6rs-lib-Z-H-13.html#node_sec_12.6

Taylan