Re: ossaulib dbus error

From: Max
Subject: Re: ossaulib dbus error
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:46:03 +0200

22.07.2014 19:05, Neil Jerram пишет:
> On 2014-07-22 17:39, Max wrote:
>>

> OK, sorry to take your time on that attempt.
>
> What if you do "guile --debug test.scm" where test.scm has just the load-path
> appending and (use-modules (glib dbus)) ?  If that still doesn't work, then
> clearly
> this is nothing to do with guile-gnome.

Sure thing - this is my test file:

(set! %load-path (append %load-path '("/home/lol/source/lisp/ossaulib/")))
(use-modules (neil dbus))

Here is the compilation results:

guile-gnome-2 --debug
dbus-test.scm

;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
;;; compiling /home/lol/source/lisp/dbus-test.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of /home/lol/source/lisp/dbus-test.scm failed:
;;; ERROR: no code for module (neil dbus)

Changing "neil" to "glib" only changes the name in the error message above. I'd
appreciate any hints with debugging. Do you have some small test application I
can use?

> Could it be that one or more of the calls like (dynamic-link "libgio-2.0") are
> failing?  These are executed during module loading, and I think could cause
> the "no
> code" error if they throw an exception.  To allow these calls to succeed, you
> need
> to have installed the -dev or -devel package that provides <name>.so; e.g. the
> libglib2.0-dev package (on Debian) for libgio-2.0.so.

I've installed libgio2.0-cil-dev just in case (already got libglib2.0-dev
installed
before on my ubuntu) - no effects.

>> Can you try it on your machine alongside with guile-gnome?
>
> I can try that later this evening.  Right now I'm afraid I'm not at the right
> computer for that.

Neat, thanks.
Max.