Re: Guile on nginx or lighttpd...

From: tantalum
Subject: Re: Guile on nginx or lighttpd...
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:19:51 +0200

hi
i used guile programs behind nginx, lighttpd and apache and maybe i can
help.

if you just like to have an http server, guile includes an
implementation
(http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Web-Examples.html#Web-Examples)
if you are looking for running an application behind another web server,
then two methods come to mind:
1. direct http proxying - http requests get copied to a running guile
server application
2. proxying using a server interface like scgi - this way the
application does not have to deal with http protocol request/connection
details but with a server interface

proxied you can use extra features like for example ssl, separated
direct file access and load balancing.

i can give examples for configuring nginx (or you could look here
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html,
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_scgi_module.html)