Re: A couple of questions about goops method parameters

From: Marko Rauhamaa
Subject: Re: A couple of questions about goops method parameters
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 19:47:39 +0300

Carlos Pita <address@hidden>:

> So, a question to the experienced lispers here, a question that's not
> specifically guile or goops or scheme related. Is the make (or
> make-instance) way of constructing a new instance usually exposed to
> the final user? Or a factory function, operating at a higher level of
> abstraction, is intended to wrap the lower level, slot-fillig
> oriented, call to make? In this case, a custom initialize method
> implementation should be seen more as a complement to make than as a
> proper constructor/factory.

I saw the light and left goops behind. I built a simple system:

 * Not slot-centric but method-centric.

 * No classes, only objects.

IMO, the end result is more schemey than Goops.

It contains:

    (make-object parentage . methods)

where

   parentage is #f, an object or a list of objects

   methods contains procedures, or name-procedure pairs

Example:

   (define (<point> .x .y)
     (define (x) .x)
     (define (y) .y)