Re: emacs interaction

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Re: emacs interaction
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:58:52 +0200

I have searched the archives for information on using guile in emacs and not much besides the guile-emacs project.

Q1) I have used GDS to run guile in emacs.  Not perfect but usable.  Comments?  I'm using with the emacs "scheme" mode.

The best package for interacting guile (and racket) from emacs I know is geiser:
http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/

It is also available in Debian/Ubuntu repository, so installation on those distributions is particularly easy, and you only need to add
(require 'geiser-install) to your .emacs file.

Once you're done with that, you run guile using M-x run-guile, and racket using M-x run-racket and you get various hints in your minibuffer and use C-x C-e to evaluate "the last s-exp"

You may also wish to set
(setq geiser-repl-use-other-window nil)

and

(defadvice save-buffers-kill-emacs (around no-query-kill-emacs activate)
  "Prevent annoying \"Active processes exist\" query when you quit Emacs."
  (flet ((process-list ())) ad-do-it))

Regards