Re: Fwd: Guile's SCM_DEFINE and Semantic mode

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: Fwd: Guile's SCM_DEFINE and Semantic mode
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:52:25 -0200

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> I don’t know about Semantic, but I know that GNU GLOBAL doesn’t have any
> problems dealing with SCM_DEFINE’d functions.
>
> So perhaps the simplest way is to use xgtags.el or similar, or to tell
> Semantic to use GLOBAL as its back-end (info "(semantic) SymRef")?
>
> Ludo’.

Thank you for pointing out that GNU GLOBAL deal with SCM_DEFINE'd
functions just fine.  I ended up using ggtags as it seems Semantic
doesn't use GNU GLOBAL database for 'semantic-complete-jump' and
'semantic-ia-fast-jump', despite its use of it in searches of symbol
references.  I'm still using Semantic for other things, in particular
for mode-line documentation, as ggtags' Eldoc support is not working for
me, and Semantic is able to grab the prototype of SCM_DEFINE'd functions
from the header files.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;