Re: guile analog of join in python for strings?

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: guile analog of join in python for strings?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 14:05:40 +0100

Héllo Jamil,

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there an analog of the following (from Python) in Guile?
>
> In [4]: "++GLUE++".join(['this', 'is', 'a', 'test'])
> Out[4]: 'this++GLUE++is++GLUE++a++GLUE++test'
>
> Or perhaps a better question to ask:  What is the
> canonical way to do the same thing in Guile?

I use extensively the guile manual that you can find at
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/ (pdf or single page, or
work best). I don't know better way.

A lot of procedures start with the name of the type they are applied
to (if not all the time): string-drop, string-take, list-head,
list-tail, bytevector-ref bytevector-set!...

The pdf and ascii version have a procedure index at the end.