Re: concerns when integrating C++ code into guile?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: concerns when integrating C++ code into guile?
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 11:09:00 +0100

> On 7 Jan 2015, at 03:32, Matt Wette <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> What are the concerns when integrating C++ code into guile?
>
> I'm guessing interleaved C++ exception handling, but are there others.
>
> Assuming the C++ code calls no guile code, should all C++ exceptions be
> caught at the interface?

In the C/C++ languages proper, C++ can link in C code, but not vice versa, C
code can not link in C++ code. So main() must be in C++.

Then one can convert Guile exceptions into C++ exceptions - I do that in [1].

For the other way around, Guile C code calling C++, that is possible in gcc I
recall, but unless Guile is recompiled with a special option adding the C++
exception stacks, any exception one tries pass through the Guile code will
terminate the program.

Possibly Guile might have a configure option adding those C++ exception stacks.

1. 1.
https://secure2.storegate.com/Shares/Home.aspx?ShareID=e195dec2-1c1a-42a1-851e-da47e674d91b