Re: Imagemagick and Guile

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Imagemagick and Guile
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:11:23 +0000

On 2015-01-11 09:09, A0 wrote:

I need to generate an image from raw byte data in my code and
ImageMagick seems like an obvious choice to do this. But, looking
at
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/api.php ,
I see no Guile API listed.

Before I get my hands dirty, I'd like to check if someone already
built a functional API for Guile, or, at least, the chunk of it
containing the PixelIterator functionality.

I am also interested in hearing about other Guile-enabled libs
that can do the same thing, namely, creating an image in some
of the popular formats.

In addition to the other suggestions that people have made, note that you could also use the Guile FFI to access ImageMagick's C API from Guile.

Personally, I find using the FFI much more fun than writing a 'proper' Guile binding.

Regards,
      Neil