Re: Shell-escape a string

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: Shell-escape a string
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 07:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

I looked at the rest of the source I was modifying and saw that open-pipe* was used for md5sum, so I ended up using that.

Thanks,

Mark.

Needing the output is an independent concern, and means you should use (ice-9 popen) instead of system.

open-pipe* is analogous to system*‎, in that it doesn't use a shell.

Regards,
        Neil