bindings for fltk or tk?...

From: Robert lewko
Subject: bindings for fltk or tk?...
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:34:24 -0600

Are there any bindings for graphical tool kits such as FLTK or TK?
The only set of bindings are for GNOME and I am not a fan of GNOME.
Nor to I wish to install all the dependencies that GNOME relies on
(OK, I am an old unix guy and I normally just install enlightenment,
so I don't have GNOME installed - call em weird).

If one were to be inclined to create such a binding to FLTK, what
would be the method that one would take?   From reading section on
"Foreign Function Interface" in the guile docs I think it could be
most easily done as follows:

for the C++ calls I would use the 'extern "c"' declaration to create c
functions for each call in the FLTK API and since C doesn't have
function overloading where the C++ method is overloaded the function
name would have to be modified to allow for multiple C functions that
call the overloaded C++ functions.

For the guile interface each function in the above interface would
have to have a top level guile object like (define fltk-func
(pointer->procedure ....)) to create the guile interface to the C
defined interface.

So, here;s my question.  As outlined above, is this the best way to
provide an API for FLTK?

--
“Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for
speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize

All criteria fully governing this message and implied relationship may
be found at: newcommerce.me/robertlewko