Re: Guile-Clutter 1.12.2 released

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Guile-Clutter 1.12.2 released
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:41:13 +0100

Le 2015-11-19 05:43, David Pirotte a écrit :
Hello,

We are pleased to announce Guile-Clutter 1.12.2, the next maintenance
release for the Guile-Clutter 1.0 series.

Thanks David and the team for making GNOME Clutter available in GNU Guile. I really like Clutter (and clutter but that's a story for another time). I find that it's the correct level of abstraction for doing modern applications. It has no high level widgets but provides a flexible API to create your own. I really like it.

Among other things it has bezier lines drawing support via cairo [1], bundles a few OpenGL effects like blur or "page turn" and an animations helpers. This might sound like toy features, but IMO those pave the ground for new GUI paradigms.

Soon more FUI in the wild ;)

Have a look at: http://www.nongnu.org/grip/examples.html

Thanks again!!

[1] I was under the impression that cogl support this natively but it seems like the support did not land upstream yet.

* Guile-Clutter Homepage:

        http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/clutter

* Guile-Clutter 1.12.2 release tarball GPG signature [*]:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grip/guile-clutter/guile-clutter-1.12.2.tar.gz

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grip/guile-clutter/guile-clutter-1.12.2.tar.gz.sig

        [ Special Notes:

        [-]     As I'm updating Guile-Clutter's web pages for this release, I
still have a pending authorization request to upload the release files. So, in the mean time, I uploaded them under Grip's dowload area, which explains the download url refers to grip instead of guile-gnome/guile-clutter ...

        [-]     Downloads will redirect to your nearest mirror site.
Files on mirrors may be subject to a replication delay of up to 24 hours.
                In case of problems use

http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grip/guile-clutter

* About Guile-Clutter:

Guile-Clutter is a Guile wrapper for the ultra-hip Gnome Clutter library!

Clutter is a Scene Graph based canvas working in Retained Mode. Every
object on the
scene is usually a 2D surface inside a 3D space.

Guile-Clutter brings the power of Guile scheme to your Clutter applications!

Guile-Clutter is part of GNU Guile-Gnome.

* Changes since 1.10.0

The primary objectives, working towards this release, were (a) to
remove all code
specific to the support of Guile versions prior to Guile 2, (b)
removing all Guile
deprecated calls, and then (c) wrap Clutter 1.12 of course :)!

        Dependencies

        - Guile-Clutter now requires Guile 2.0, allows Guile 2.2
        - Requires Guile-Gnome >= 2.16.3

        Clutter specific

        - Removing types deprecated in Clutter 1.12.
        - Custom bindings added for: ClutterMatrix, ClutterRect, ClutterPoint,
          ClutterSize and ClutterMargin.
- CoglPixelFormat must become visible from guile-clutter [special patch].
        - Fixing and/or adding special wrappers for: clutter_text_get_color,
          clutter_actor_get_background_color, clutter_image_set_data,
          clutter_actor_get_margin.
        - Updating wrapset.api for Clutter 1.12.
        - Call to clutter_init fixed.
        - Example based upon deprecated functionality removed.
        - Hello-transition.scm example fixed.

        Other changes

        - Pkg-config support added
        - Autotool chain improvements
        - Make check, make distcheck fixed
        - LICENSE file added

* This release was built/tested using the following tools:

        -] gcc                        (Debian 4.9.3-5) 4.9.3
        -] autoconf                   (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
        -] automake                   (GNU automake) 1.15
        -] libtool                    (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
        -] makeinfo                   (GNU texinfo) 6.0

        -] guile-2.0                  2.0.11.114-649ec
        -] guile-cairo                git clone - master branch
        -] g-wrap-2.0-guile           1.9.15
        -] guile-gnome                2.16.3
        -] guile-lib                  0.2.2

        -] glib-2.0                   2.46.2
        -] gobject-2.0                2.46.2
        -] gthread-2.0                2.46.2
        -] atk                        2.18.0
        -] pango                      1.38.1
        -] pangocairo                 1.38.1
        -] cairo-gobject              1.14.4
        -] cogl-1.0                   1.12.2
        -] clutter-1.0                1.12.2

David,
on behalf of the Guile-Clutter team.

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

        gpg --verify guile-clutter-1.12.2.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

        gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys A3057AD7

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr