Re: GNU Guile unit test framework

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: GNU Guile unit test framework
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:02:42 +0100

Le 2015-12-03 16:42, Christopher Allan Webber a écrit :
Amirouche Boubekki writes:

Le 2015-12-03 14:54, Jan Synáček a écrit:
Hello,

does a unit test framework for GNU Guile exist? Something like
"unittest" for Python for example.

The unit test framework is srfi-64 [0]. You can find an example use in
8sync [1]. Mind the fact that it doesn't use `test-group` which can be
required in complex settings.

[...]

[0] http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-64/srfi-64.html
[1] https://notabug.org/cwebber/8sync/src/master/tests/test-agenda.scm

However, I *do* recommend setting up something like this as early as
absolutely possible.  Moving REPL experiments you hack on into tests as
soon as you verify that they work is a great way to build up tests
without hating doing it.

Exactly my thought!

Even tho I don't practice TDD (test before coding) I really value tests as maintainer in the sens that they help moving forward in serenity and as a code reader for instance in 8sync, they are narrow examples of how things
works which help to understand the overall program.

Happy hacking!