Re: Scheme syntax tree

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Scheme syntax tree
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 22:00:54 +0100

Jan Synáček <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a feeling that I saw a module that can parse a scheme program
> into a syntax tree somewhere. Does such module exist? Or do I have to
> roll my own?

Uh, it's called the reader.  It's sort of the point of Lisp-like
languages that you write down the parse tree and save the computer the
work.

GUILE has tree-il and other representation which are _later_ stages in
the compilation than the "syntax tree" is: see
<URL:https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Compiler-Tower.html>.

--
David Kastrup