Re: Running script from directory with UTF-8 characters

From: Marko Rauhamaa
Subject: Re: Running script from directory with UTF-8 characters
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 23:15:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

>> From: Marko Rauhamaa <address@hidden>
>> Why don't you tell me already what emacs does?
>
> I did, you elided that. It represents text as superset of UTF-8, and
> uses high codepoints above the Unicode space for raw bytes.

Excellent. If that works, Guile needs the same thing.

(I'm afraid, though, the approach is not without its problems as the
concatenation of two raw bytes might yield a valid UTF-8 encoding of a
single character. I don't know if full bijectivity can be achieved.)

>> That can be managed through support libraries.
>
> Guile is one huge support library, so it should include that built-in.

As long as Guile can manage anything Linux throws at it, I'm fine with
it. As it stands, a couple of chinks in the armor have been identified.

Marko