Re: UTF8 string storage and retrieval in XML

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: UTF8 string storage and retrieval in XML
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 16:58:26 +0000

On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 10:43 -0500, Thompson, David wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I should have said:
> >  guile --version
> > Guile 1.8.8
>
> I don't think that you will find much help for this version of Guile
> here.  Guile 1.8.8 is over 5 years old and the 1.8.x series is no
> longer maintained.  Please upgrade to the Guile 2.0.x series and see
> if your problems persist.  Guile 2.0.11 is recommended.

Thanks for the hint.

The version 1.8.8 is the default in Debian stable, I try to stick to the
stable release in order not to introduce too many uncertainties. There
are enough when developing an application without having an unstable
environment.
On building with 2.0.11 (which Debian stable offers as well), I see that
the bug (I presume it was that then) is fixed.

Is there a 1.8 series Guile in which the fix was introduced? We build
Denemo for several machines and I wouldn't like to say that we could use
2.x on all of them.

Richard