Re: FOSDEM 2016 slides

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016 slides
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 22:45:53 +0100

Hi Arne,

Arne Babenhauserheide writes:

> Hi Alex,
>
>> And my slides from the FOSDEM devroom (for my Guile Config
>> presentation), for anyone interested (copying in Guile User as it isn't
>> Guix related…):
>>
>> http://alex.pompo.co/presentations/fosdem-16-conf.html
>
> These are great — and I hope I can use guile-config.

Thank you! And great you want to use it — I'll try to get a proper
release ASAP then :-)

> I tend to write quick commandline tools which sometimes begin to grow
> wild. Elegant commandline parsing is still one of the things with
> which I had problems in Guile, and I hope that guile-config can fix
> that.

Indeed, that was exactly my itch to scratch too!

> It already shows what can be gained in expressivity by macros.

Quite, though the macros are primarily in the (monads) library, which
was of course written by Ludo.  I still want to develop some nice macros
for the actual configuration syntax, but I figure a nice syntax might
organically reveal itself to me in time.

I'd definitely be really keen in getting a config file writer/reader
working using wisp too.  The more I think about it, the more I like the
idea!

-Alex