Re: FOSDEM 2016 slides

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016 slides
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:56:16 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Arne Babenhauserheide writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>> I tend to write quick commandline tools which sometimes begin to grow
>>> wild. Elegant commandline parsing is still one of the things with
>>> which I had problems in Guile, and I hope that guile-config can fix
>>> that.
>>
>> Indeed, that was exactly my itch to scratch too!
>
> Much better than the lame command-line handling in Guix I must say.  :-)
> Looking forward to a release!

Hah, well the Guix command-line options are still pretty well documented
for the fact that there seem to be, like, a billion-zillion of them!
Must be testament to the coding standards in the project :-)

Also, there are some corner cases used in Guix that are definitely not
yet supported in Config:
- the special '--' command-line param
- I think it was Guix environment that supports a 'positional keyword
  command-line parameter' — that's definitely still off the cards

Anyway, yes, must release!

Alex