Fwd: [ANN] An impudent introduction to Guile

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Fwd: [ANN] An impudent introduction to Guile
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:22:09 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden>
Date: 2016-02-05 8:21 GMT+01:00
Subject: Re: [ANN] An impudent introduction to Guile
To: Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden>

Hello Chris

Panicz Maciej Godek writes:

> Hi,
> I am pleased to announce that I just finished my booklet titled
>
> A Pamphlet against R
> Computational Intelligence with Guile Scheme
>
> The pamphlet introduces (in a truly impertinent manner) a set of libraries
> that I have been developing over the last few months, including topics like:
>
> - genetic algorithms
> - fuzzy logic
> - decision trees
> - clusterization
>
> and more!

Heya Panicz,

This is fairly up my alley of interest in terms of subjects of things to
read, so thanks for sending/writing it.  I'm not so sure about the
bitterness against R, though I guess I'm kind of weary of R myself, but
I guess I'm more of a pacifist than this paper seems to be.  Anyway, it
seems interesting, so I'll read it!

Well, there's only a tiny bit in that bitterness in the preface, actually (and a tiny pun in the concluding chapter), but I deliberately tried to make the title provocative, to sort of steal the audience from R ;]

> The book (in both pdf and LaTeX) is available with the required libraries
> under the Creative Commons license at
> http://panicz.github.io/pamphlet/

Well, there are a lot of Creative Commons licenses, which do you mean?
I think CC BY-SA 4.0 would be a nice fit (plus it's GPL v3 compatible,
though sadly not GPL v3 or later compatible).

CC BY-SA 4.0 is actually what  I've been thinking about.
I will add the legal notice by the end of the day (I only realized the lack of it while I was writing the announcement)

I see there's a copy of the GPL included with it; is it thus also
licensed under GPL v3 or later?

I see you're an expert, so perhaps you could explain to me what would the implications be.
My original intent was to publish the software that comes along with the book under GPL v3, because AFAIK GPL regards software, but if there's more to it, then it would be nice to know

Thanks :)
Panicz