Re: [ANN] An impudent introduction to Guile

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Re: [ANN] An impudent introduction to Guile
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 22:46:40 +0100

Panicz Maciej Godek writes:

>> CC BY-SA 4.0 is actually what  I've been thinking about.
> I will add the legal notice by the end of the day (I only realized the lack
> of it while I was writing the announcement)
>

>> I see there's a copy of the GPL included with it; is it thus also
>> licensed under GPL v3 or later?
>>

> I see you're an expert, so perhaps you could explain to me what would the
> implications be.
> My original intent was to publish the software that comes along with the
> book under GPL v3, because AFAIK GPL regards software, but if there's more
> to it, then it would be nice to know

You can dual license it under CC BY-SA 4.0 and GPLv3 or later, which is
what I'd recommend.  CC BY-SA 4.0 is GPLv3 compatible, but not "or
later", and I think having an "or later" in anything GPL'ed is a good
idea.

For now I've updated legal notice so that now the book contains information about the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. Although I have nothing against applying the dual license, I used the "doclicense" LaTeX package to generate the information, and I don't know how to handle such use case. Maybe I will fight with that later, but I guess that the code snippets will sooner or later become a part of the repository that is already GPLv3+

I've loaded the book on my e-reader, look forward to reading it!

I hope you have a pleasant read! :)