Re: Readline behavior with colored custom prompt

From: Matthew Keeter
Subject: Re: Readline behavior with colored custom prompt
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:53:16 -0500

I think the fundamental issue is incorrect prompt length calculation, since it’s not just bounce-parens:
even with that turned off, scrolling through history ends up printing weird mismatched lines.

Here’s a similar issue discussed in nodejs:
https://github.com/nodejs/node-v0.x-archive/issues/3860

Any suggestions where to look for prompt length calculations?
I flipped through guile-readline/readline.c but didn’t see any obvious places to apply a fix.

Thanks,
Matt