Re: Very Small Atom Feed Reader

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Very Small Atom Feed Reader
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:29:02 +0000

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 4:14 PM Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2016-03-06 09:12, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:
> Héllo,

Hi, Amirouche :)

> I share with you this small *atom* feed reader which works from
> command line. Create a ~/.prime.txt file with the address of atom
> files you want to follow and then run the script.

I tried it and it works with my atom feed. But my posts in Spanish and
other languages that use non-ASCII characters don't display correctly.
For example, I get titles like "Danza de Salomé", but it should be
"Danza de Salomé". This is my atom feed in Spanish:
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/es/blog/activity.atom.

I have the same issue, I don't understand (setlocale LC_ALL "") is meant to fix that problem.

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Locales.html#index-setlocale

> The problem I have is that it fails on wingolog and others but I'm
> accepting patches ;)

FWIW, atom feeds generated by Tekuti
(https://wingolog.org/projects/tekuti/) used to fail for me too, not
long ago, using different readers (Liferea, for example). It seems to be
something that comes and goes. I initially had intermittent errors
reported by Liferea when reading Wingo's and Nala's feeds, but they are
working normally now (I'm using Liferea).

You are right, at the present time firefox can't display the feed of wingolog.